Showwcase CCPA Policy
Last updated: 15th March, 2021
For California residents, the processing of certain Personal Data about you may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other applicable California state privacy laws.
California consumers are accorded several individual rights with respect to Personal Data by the CCPA. These rights, however, only apply to individual consumers, and not to companies. The remainder of this document expounds on those rights in detail and provides information on how to exercise those rights.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise any of the rights detailed in this policy, please email us at email@example.com with the following:
a thorough description of your request, including the specific right(s) you wish to exercise; and
adequate information about you so that we can confirm that your request is a verifiable customer request, which includes at least your name and email address.
We will revert with appropriate action that is consistent with the applicable law upon receipt and verification of your request.
You may also initiate a request by mail by sending the information specified above to:
Showwcase CCPA Requests
100 Pine St. Ste. 1250
San Francisco, CA 94111
- Should you wish to designate an authorized agent/representative to initiate a request on your behalf, you may do so. In order for us to process a request from your authorized agent/representative, we are required to:
- confirm that the agent/representative is a natural person or business entity registered with the Secretary of State that you have duly authorized to act on your behalf;
- receive from you a copy of the written authorization that confirms the authorized agent/representative to act on your behalf; and
- verify your identity by asking you to submit to us adequate information in order to do so.
Right to Know
Access and Data Portability Rights
You have a right to request information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Data over the last 12 months, in the following categories:
Categories of and specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about you;
Purposes for collecting, using, or processing Personal Data;
Categories of third parties with which we share Personal Data; and
Categories of Personal Data disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- You have a right to request that we delete Personal Data about you that we have collected, subject to selected exceptions. Your request to delete your Personal Data may be denied if it is necessary for us to retain such information under one or more of the exceptions listed in the CCPA. We may keep a record of your deletion request pursuant to our legal obligations.
Right to Opt Out
- You have a right to opt out of the sale or marketing of your Personal Data. Where we ever to sell Personal Data, we would provide information on our opt out process here.
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your rights under the CCPA.
Collection of Personal Data
- The list below describes the category of Personal Data we collect by reference to the categories specified by the CCPA:
- Category: Identifiers
We collect: Your name, IP address, email address and Twitter handle
Source(s): You; automatic collection (IP address only)
- Category: Customer Record Information
We collect: Your name, your email address, your user bio, your subscriptions and unsubscriptions, your settings and preferences with our service, reactions you submit to posts and comments (“likes”), user comments, user photos, user profile information, public Twitter profile information, and publication and authorship information, your search history on the Site
Source(s): You; Twitter (with your permission)
- Category: Commercial Information
We collect: Records of products/services purchased or inquired by you on the Site
- Category: Internet or other network activity
We collect: Browsing history, search history, and interaction data on your use of our Site and from links in Showwcase emails
Source(s): You; automatic collection
- Category: Geolocation data
We collect: Your IP address [https://about.showwcase.com/pp] for more information on tracking technologies that we use for automatic data collection)
- Category: Sensory Data
We collect: User photos, Github profile photo
Category: You, Github (with your permission)
- Category: Financial Information
We collect: credit or debit card information and bank account informatio
- Category: Identifiers
Use of Personal Data
We may use or disclose your Personal Data that we have collected for our existing or future business or commercial purposes, which include but not limited to:
Business Purpose: To provide, support, and develop our website, products, and services
Categories of Personal Data: Identifiers, Customer Record Information, Sensory Data, Internet or other network activity
Business Purpose: To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us
Categories of Personal Data: Identifiers, Customer Record Information
Business Purpose: To process your requests, purchases, transactions, payments, and prevent transactional fraud
Categories of Personal Information: Commercial Information
Business Purpose: To directly respond to your requests or inquiries, including but not limited to investigating and addressing your concerns, and monitoring and improving our responses, or to otherwise meet the reason for which you provided the information
Categories of Personal Information: Identifiers, Customer Record Information, Commercial Information, Sensory Data, Internet or other network activity
Business Purpose: To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business
Categories of Personal Information: Identifiers
Revisions to this CCPA Policy
We reserve the right to revise this CCPA Policy at our sole and absolute discretion and at any time. When we make revisions to this CCPA Policy, we will post the updated notice on the Site and update the CCPA Policy effective date at the top of the page. By accessing or using the Site and/or the Services, you acknowledge that you have read this CCPA Policy and, to the extent it applies to you, that you agree to the practices described in this CCPA Policy.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this CCPA Policy, you may contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.